Online and creative businesses are started by big dreamers, thinkers, and doers.
But now your business has grown so much that you can’t DIY your legal anymore, and you’re ready for an expert to take over.
Does this sound like you?
- wasting time searching the Internet for answers to your legal questions (that you aren’t even sure are right)?
- dreaming about branching out into new projects, but don’t want to be taken advantage of by collaborators?
- afraid that people will copy your ideas, and don’t know how to handle it when they do?
- stressing about getting a nasty letter because you accidentally used an image or song the wrong way in your work?
- confused about what steps you need to take to add more zeroes to your bottom line?
Stop worrying about these legal headaches and focus on building your empire.
My Get Legit service will get your ducks in a row and give you the legal counsel you need to uplevel your business.
We’ll start with a Legal Road Map™ session over the phone or Skype, where I’ll take a close look at your entire business, including where you started, where you are now, and all of your big dreams. I’ll do a 360-degree review of your business. We’ll identify both your current issues and the legal protections you need to put in place to reach your big goals.
Then you can sit back and relax, while I get to work on your business.
Together, we’ll take care of three legal issues, over about three months.
Examples of legal issues I help creative businesses with during Get Legit include:
- advice about protecting your company brand, name, slogan, logo, or product name with trademark registration (basic search, registration application and response to simple office actions included, requires additional filing fees payable to U.S. Patent & Trademark Office)
- custom contract drafting, review, and negotiation, such as
- client proposals and contracts
- podcast or blog guest agreements
- confidentiality / non-disclosure agreements
- referral / affiliate agreements
- independent contractor agreements
- partnership and collaboration agreements
- licensing programs that allow others to be certified or sell your products or services
- advice about protecting your images, video, blog posts, e-book, e-course, or other creative content with copyright registration (registration application included, but requires additional filing fees payable to U.S. Copyright Office)
- dealing with copycats, including sending cease and desist letters
- figuring out sticky client situations
- making money from your creative content by licensing it to companies who use it in their business
- business entity formation (LLC, corporation, etc.) and corporate filings
- researching your crazy ideas to see if they’re practical and legally viable
I share drafts of your documents by e-mail and through my secure online client portal, and follow up with you to be sure they’re perfect for your business, and that you understand everything.
I’ll also stay in touch with a phone or Skype call every month to give you guidance on any new projects you’re considering or issues that have popped up.
You always have the option to change how we spend our time together if new issues come up along the way.
Benefits of the Get Legit Package
- you’ll be confident in making business decisions, knowing you have a legal partner who’s got your back
- we’ll create airtight custom contracts that you actually understand, and that protect the business you’ve worked so hard to create
- you’ll make more money after learning how to sell or license your copyrighted and trademarked works, without putting your company at risk
- you’ll be able to stop copycats in their tracks, and make them pay
- you’ll rest easy knowing that you’ve got all the legal protections you need, and haven’t paid for anything extra you don’t need
- you’ll have a legal partner on your team the next time legal questions pop up
Unlike an old-school law firm, you get high-level guidance, an uncomplicated legal plan, and legal issues handled for you. This package is tailor-made for ambitious, high-achieving online entrepreneurs.
You also get unlimited e-mails to your lawyer to ask questions, just like you had an in-house general counsel down the hall.
At the end of Get Legit, you’ll be ready to ink new deals with partners, knowing that your business is protected. Your creative content will be locked down with copyright and trademark registrations. Your contracts will be clear and tailored to your business. And you’ll be confident that you’re not doing anything to put your company at risk.
Who’s a great fit for Get Legit?
- Online business owners, coaches, service providers, e-commerce sites, and other entrepreneurs with creative content at the center of their business
- Business is in year one to year five, or more established business changing business model or offerings
- Earning $0- $500,000 in annual revenues (businesses with higher revenues likely need ongoing General Counsel services, contact me today to discuss a custom package)
- One or two owners or partners
- Small team of one to ten employees or contractors
- Multiple projects, ventures, collaborations, or products
- Growing rapidly or transitioning to a new business model
- Need a legal audit and legal plan for your business, PLUS partner to take legal projects off your plate
- Looking for a consistent relationship with a lawyer who truly understands your business
- Happy to work with your lawyer “virtually” by e-mail or phone
1) Legal Road Map™ session and strategic plan
2) Three legal issues handled over the course of about three months, scheduled to fit your needs
3) Monthly guidance call each month for three months
4) Unlimited emails to and from your lawyer for three months — like having your own in-house counsel
**BONUS: Unlimited access to my library of contract templates that you can quickly customize for your business.
Your investment for Get Legit is:
- Single payment of $3000 OR
- Three monthly payments of $1200
If you need additional legal issues handled, I’m happy to add them on for a discounted per-project flat rate. Custom retainer pricing is available if you have more frequent questions and need a lawyer to be “on standby” for your business.
If you’ve been searching for a dedicated partner who’s just as passionate as you are about making your dreams a reality, fill out an application for Get Legit.
*Get Legit is available to businesses seeking advice on U.S. intellectual property issues and general business issues. Autumn Witt Boyd is licensed to practice in Tennessee. I am not a patent attorney and do not work on any patent law matters.
This website is attorney advertising and does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which is only formed when you have signed an engagement agreement. I cannot guarantee results; past results do not guarantee future results.