Get a 360-degree legal review and plan for your growing business.
Whether you’re a new or established business owner, legal questions are going to start to weigh on you as you begin to grow.
- Do I need to form an LLC or corporation to protect my business?
- What contracts should I use with customers, vendors, or partners?
- How can I figure out what to trademark or copyright?
Just think — you can cross these worries off your to-do list and concentrate on building your business.
- What if you could make sure your personal assets (house, car, bank accounts) won’t be taken if you get sued because of something that happened in your business?
- What if you could rest easy at night knowing that your contracts are crystal-clear, so no one can take advantage of you?
- What if you could build real value in your business by registering the copyrights and trademarks to content you’ve already created?
- What if you could stop copycats from stealing your best work?
- What if you had someone on your team ready to help you with legal issues as you take the next steps to grow your business?
You’ve poured your heart and soul into creating amazing online content, videos, music, books, courses, images, art, music, software, or new technology.
And you’re wasting too much time searching the internet for answers to your legal questions (that you aren’t even sure are right).
You need to step away from the keyboard and talk to an attorney who is the expert in creative and online businesses, and who can provide real results.
A Get Planning session is the first step to get your business started off on the right foot, or work on a particular issue that’s keeping you up at night. This one-hour session is tailor-made just for you and your business. A Get Planning session is a great value if you’re just starting out, or need help with your existing business.
During our Get Planning session, we’ll work together to answer your general business questions, help you figure out what you need to do to make more money, or strategize how to protect yourself, your content, your business, and your personal assets legally.
How Get Planning works:
You’ll send information about your business and your biggest concerns to me before our session so that I can prepare and research any issues. If you have documents you’d like to discuss, you’ll also send them to me to review before our session.
Then, we’ll spend about an hour on the phone or Skype. You can ask me lots of questions and I’ll draw on my 12 years of experience working with the top creative business owners to answer them. Then, we’ll create a list of action items together that you can execute to take your business to the next level. You’ll feel confident that you’re making the right decisions for the future of your business.
In a recent legal planning session with an online acupuncture business owner, we tackled:
- whether to form a business entity (LLC, corporation, etc.)
- dealing with copycats — people using her content without permission
- why website terms and conditions are a good idea, and what they should say
- how to protect her blog and e-course from being copied with copyright registration
- how to choose a great name for her business and protect her brand with trademark registration
- disclaimers for blog posts (not medical advice)
- how to use other peoples’ images on her blog the right way
In just an hour, we not only answered the questions she had before the call, she also received a 360-degree review of legal issues in her business. I pointed out legal holes she didn’t know about, and showed her how she could build value in her business by protecting her content.
And, when a publisher approached her to write a book about her area of expertise a few months later, she already had a lawyer on her team she knew could help her navigate a new business opportunity.
I’ll contact you to schedule your session after your payment is processed; most sessions can be scheduled within five business days.
After your Get Planning session, you’ll understand the pros and cons of sole proprietorships, LLCs, and corporations, so you can decide what makes the most sense for your business.
You’ll know the difference between a copyright and trademark, and how to use them to protect your most valuable content.
You’ll understand how contracts work, what you must include, and how to make them stick.
You’ll figure out the right way to use content you don’t own (movie quotes, song lyrics, music, images, and more).
You’ll know what documents must be on your website to comply with business laws.
You’ll have ideas about working with other creatives on new projects without putting your business at risk.
And you’ll have a creative lawyer on your team who already knows about your business, and is ready to help navigate new opportunities or solve problems.
If you’ve been googling the answers to legal questions until you can’t see straight, book a Get Planning session today.
Get real solutions for your business from a legal expert.
Book a Legal Planning Session - $500.00
*Get Planning Sessions are only available to businesses seeking advice on U.S. intellectual property issues and general business issues. Autumn Witt Boyd is licensed to practice law in Tennessee. I am not a patent attorney and do not work on any patent law matters.
This website is attorney advertising and does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which is only formed when you have signed an engagement agreement. I cannot guarantee results; past results do not guarantee future results.