Dealing with copycats who rip off your content or brand name
As a creative business owner, at some point you will probably find someone has copied your best stuff, or started a business or product with a very similar name as yours. Learn how to respond when this happens to protect your business and brand. Listen and subscribe in iTunes now!
(Be sure to listen to Episode 5 first for an overview of the different kinds of IP; Episode 11 builds on Episode 5).
- What steps can you take to avoid someone copying you?
- What evidence should you keep in your files if you find you’ve been copied?
- How can you get someone to stop copying you without a lawyer?
- What is a DMCA takedown notice and how can this help you stop copycats?
- When should you consider hiring a lawyer?
- What is the process for filing an infringement lawsuit and what does it cost?
KEY TAKEAWAY: Protecting your rights from copycats may be easier than you think, many people don’t know how the laws work and often a gentle heads up and request that they stop will work wonders.
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.
Sign up below for the free download that accompanies Episode 11! “Cease and Desist Swipe Copy” (plus be the first to know when new episodes are live).
"Cease and Desist Swipe Copy"
AND RECEIVE PODCAST UPDATES!