Episode 27: The ins and outs of publishing a book
Publishing a book is a tricky process to navigate. Traditional publishing and self-publishing both bring their own set of unique challenges. This week’s episode lays the foundation for understanding the process of publishing a book as well as some of the legal issues you’ll need to keep in mind.
Listen and learn:
- What the role of an agent is (and where their expertise ends)
- How a trusted lawyer can bring value whether an agent is involved or not
- The important questions to ask about royalties and advances
- Why a multiple book deal isn’t always best
- The benefits that both traditional publishing and self-publishing can offer
KEY TAKEAWAY: A book deal can be the gateway to growing your business and reaching your big goals (or it may be the goal itself!). Having a trusted legal advisor’s help along the way can ensure your book gets you where you want to go instead.
BONUS: Sign up below to get a free 5 Minute IP Audit Worksheet to find out how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business.
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.
Download a 5-minute Intellectual Property Audit Worksheet!
Find out how you could be making more money from your copyrights and trademarks with a 5-Minute IP Audit, and get podcast updates!