Episode 29: Your rights when writing a book
Listen and subscribe in iTunes, Stitcher, Pocketcasts, or Google Play now!
If you’ve written a book or are in the process of writing a book, join me for this week’s episode where I discuss protecting the intellectual property in your book. You pour your heart and soul into the body of work you create. Protecting the intellectual property in your book is essential to making sure all of your hard work continues to work for you and not for others.
Listen and learn:
- Why early copyright registration is essential to protecting yourself and your book
- What elements of your book are covered by copyright
- The potential cost of a copyright infringement lawsuit
- How contracts can save you when working with independent contractors
- Why you might not be able to trademark your book title
KEY TAKEAWAY: There are a lot of moving parts involved in writing a book, and it can be overwhelming to make sure your legal house is in order. A trusted legal advisor can help make sure you and your book are protected before you publish.
BONUS: Sign up below to get a free 5 Minute IP Audit Worksheet to find out how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business.
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.
Download a 5-minute Intellectual Property Audit Worksheet!
Find out how you could be making more money from your copyrights and trademarks with a 5-Minute IP Audit, and get podcast updates!