Legal Road Map® Podcast S4E106 FB Live 100 – Legal for Course Creators: Trademark your Course?
Legal for course creators: registering a trademark for your online course name
Learn when you absolutely SHOULD register a trademark for your online course name and when you can likely wait.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How to decide if now is the time to register your trademark
- How trademark law is really designed to protect consumers (as well as your business)
- The downsides of relying on common law trademark rights
- What enforcing your trademark rights really looks like in your business
- How a registered trademark can increase your business’s value when it comes to sell your business or license your course, method, or process
- When you may NOT want or need to register your trademark
Key takeaway: A registered trademark is the best way to shut down a copycat, but there are some important questions to ask yourself to make sure it’s the right time for your business.
Visit www.awbfirm.com/podcast106 for the podcast/audio version of this video.
BONUS: get your hands on our FREE resource to help you write your contracts: The 5 terms I think every contract should include: www.awbfirm.com/5terms
Episode 99 of the Legal Road Map® podcast – Copyrights: www.awbfirm.com/podcast99
Episode 104 of the Legal Road Map® podcast – Choosing a Good Course Name: www.awbfirm.com/podcast104
If you’re so in love with your course, product, or business name that you’re ready to say “I do”, it’s probably time to register your trademark. The AWB Firm can help! Clients love our seamless process and flat-fee pricing (i.e., no surprise bills for you!). If you’re ready to learn more or get started, visit www.awbfirm.com/trademark-copyright.
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.