Podcast S3E53 – FB Live 64 Case study: Danielle LaPorte
Danielle LaPorte’s online business empire kicks off my September series of case studies. I’m pulling back the curtain of online businesses I admire and pointing out critical legal and business decisions, issues, and protections that helped them achieve their success.
From Danielle’s early days as a consultant to her current position as creator of one of the most recognizable lifestyle brands on the market, this episode covers investment, book deals, certification programs and more.
In this episode, I cover how Danielle:
- Paid a high price from taking on investment the wrong way early on in her entrepreneurial journey
- Started her current business by going back to basics
- Leveraged her intellectual property to create an online content empire
- Navigated the world of self-publishing for her books
- Created a certification program (and what you should do to make sure your content and brand are protected)
- Grew from a one-on-one consultant to a global business that reaches millions
Key takeaway: Choosing the right time to stop DIY’ing legal and start working with a lawyer can help you avoid potentially devastating missteps in your business.
Visit www.awbfirm.com/podcast53 for a transcript and show notes, and sign up to get a free 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit. You’ll learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (you can also sign up there to be the first to know when new episodes are live and receive other legal updates and special offers from the AWB Firm).
Legal Road Map® podcast episodes:
- Book deals – episodes 26, 27, 28, 29
- Licensing – episodes 30, 31, 32, 33
- Trademark – episodes 5, 6, 21, 25, 45
- Copyright – episodes 5, 7, 52
Danielle LaPorte: http://www.daniellelaporte.com/
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.