Podcast S3E65 FB Live 76 – Legal planning for 2019: Foundation for your business
It’s planning season! Working with a lawyer usually isn’t at the top of people’s priority list for their business. But now is a great time to start thinking ahead about the legal needs your business will have in the coming year.
In this week’s episode of the Legal Road Map® podcast, I talk about how you can get your business ready for 2019 now by:
- Performing a quick audit and updating your contracts if you haven’t looked at them in a while (including all those policies on your website!)
- Taking inventory of the content you’ve created over the past year to see what you might need to protect with copyrights
- Adding a budget line item for legal (yep, it’s a cost of doing business)
- Setting a time to get a lawyer’s eyes on your business to point out any legal blindspots
- Look at your big goals and determine if you’re ready to have a lawyer on your team in an ongoing retainer arrangement
Key takeaway: Being proactive about legal in your business now will set a firm foundation for you to really take off in 2019.
5-Minute IP Audit worksheet: www.awbfirm.com/podcast
Legal Road Map® checklist: www.awbfirm.com/checklist
Legal Road Map® session: www.awbfirm.com/legal-road-map-session