Hiring contractors and employees the right way, with Ashley Cox of sproutHR
Business is booming and you’re ready to hire help — make sure you do it the right way! When should you hire an independent contractor and when do you need to pay someone as an employee (and what’s the difference)? Plus contracts for workers, like noncompete and NDAs. Listen and subscribe in iTunes now!
- What’s the difference between kinds of workers – independent contractors and employees?
- What could happen if you misclassify a worker as an independent contractor when they should be an employee (or vice versa)?
- What does it mean to be an “at will” worker?
- When should you use a noncompete or NDA (non-disclosure) agreement?
- What forms do you have to fill out when hiring workers?
KEY TAKEAWAY: You could open yourself up to major fines and penalties if you misclassify a worker as an independent contractor when they should be an employee, so it’s essential to look at all the factors and make sure you expand your team the right way, and consult an expert if you’re not sure.
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.
Click here to access the free download that accompanies Episode 12! “Independent Contractor vs. Employee Worksheet”.
Sign up below for my Ten Step Checklist to Get Your Creative Biz Legally Legit! (plus be the first to know when new episodes are live – Season 2 is on its way!)
Episode 12 Download
DOWNLOAD A 10 STEP CHECKLIST TO GET YOUR BIZ LEGALLY LEGIT AND RECEIVE PODCAST UPDATES!