Episode 26: Kathleen Shannon & Emily Thompson on Being Boss® in business
Being Boss® founders, Kathleen Shannon and Emily Thompson, share valuable insights about partnering with others in business and the ins and outs of publishing a book.
Listen and learn:
- Why you should have Terms and Conditions on your website
- How getting a registered trademark can be motivation to level-up in your business
- How essential an Operating Agreement is when partnering with others
- Why self-publishing may not be the best route for your book
- How having a trusted tribe of bosses can be so valuable in navigating business decisions
KEY TAKEAWAY: Legal may not always be necessary early on in business, but it can be essential when you’re partnering with others. Working with a lawyer who knows your business can help you and your partner(s) reach your long term vision through short term goals.
Being Boss® started as a podcast where hosts Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon dish out real experience, advice, and interview guests experts on what it takes to make a living doing what you love. The podcast quickly grew into a full-time business and soon to be book (to be published and on shelves in April 2018) – plus a vibrant and loyal community who is dedicated to doing the work and being boss.
BONUS: Sign up below to get a free 5 Minute IP Audit Worksheet to find out how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business.
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.
Download a 5-minute Intellectual Property Audit Worksheet!
Find out how you could be making more money from your copyrights and trademarks with a 5-Minute IP Audit, and get podcast updates!