Learn when you absolutely SHOULD register a trademark for your online course name and when you can likely wait.
In this episode we'll cover:
- How to decide if now is the time to register your trademark
- How trademark law is really designed to protect consumers (as well as your business)
- The downsides of relying on common law trademark rights
- What enforcing your trademark rights really looks like in your business
- How a registered trademark can increase your business's value when it comes to sell your business or license your course, method, or process
- When you may NOT want or need to register your trademark
Key takeaway: A registered trademark is the best way to shut down a copycat, but there are some important questions to ask yourself to make sure it's the right time for your business.
BONUS: get your hands on our FREE resource to help you write your contracts: The 5 terms I think every contract should include: www.awbfirm.com/5terms
Episode 99 of the Legal Road Map® podcast - Copyrights: www.awbfirm.com/podcast99
Episode 104 of the Legal Road Map® podcast - Choosing a Good Course Name: www.awbfirm.com/podcast104
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.