Learn how you can protect your online course with trademark and copyrights and what recourse is available to you if you discover someone is copying all or part of your course.
In this episode we'll cover:
- The roles that trademark and/or copyright protections can play in helping you avoid copycats
- The frustrating limitations of copyrights
- What 'trade dress' is and how it might apply to your website or online course
- The importance of registering your copyrights if you want to be able to defend them
- Why (immediate!) screenshots are your best friend if you see your content being copied
Key takeaway: Imitation in the online course world doesn't always feel like flattery. If you put the right protections in place early on, you have a strong leg to stand on when it comes to dealing with copycats.
BONUS: get your hands on our FREE resource to help you write your contracts: The 5 terms I think every contract should include: www.awbfirm.com/5terms
Legal Road Map® podcast, Episode 110 (How to use other people's content in your course): www.awbfirm.com/podcast110
Legal Road Map® podcast, Episode 99 (Copyrights for course creators): www.awbfirm.com/podcast99
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.