If you’re starting or growing your business in 2020, my guess is you don’t know half of the things that can go wrong legally in your business.
All season, we’re talking about dreaming + scheming, and the expensive legal pitfalls you’ll want to avoid in each stage of starting, building, and scaling your online business.
If you’re in Launch Phase of business - maybe you still have a day job while you get started, or you’re full-time but still getting your business off the ground - this episode is for you.
(Even if you’re further along in business, you might find that you still need to button up some of the legal issues I discuss in this episode!)
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Why launch phase is the perfect time to create a strong foundation for your online business
- If you need to form a corporate entity when you’re in launch phase
- Why it’s important to check that no one’s using the name you want for your business before you get started
- Why you probably don’t need to worry about registering your trademark in launch phase
- If you need to have a contract for any collaborations when you’re just getting started
- Why it’s essential to make sure you keep your business and personal expenses separate
- Why using other people’s intellectual property (i.e., images, music, etc.) is one thing you absolutely want to avoid when you’re just getting started
- What is perhaps the most important thing to remember in launch phase
BONUS: Launch Phase Entrepreneur Checklist - sign up below to learn about what can go wrong legally as you launch your business, and simple actions you can take now to avoid costly problems later, in our Launch Phase Entrepreneur Checklist. We’ll be releasing a brand-new legal checklist for each phase of your business building journey, free with every episode this month!
Legal Road Map® episode: LLC vs. corporation for your online businesswww.awbfirm.com/podcast108
Legal Road Map® episode: Making partnerships and collaborations successful www.awbfirm.com/podcast35
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.