Financials can either be exciting or depressing, depending on how your business is doing. But no matter how you feel about them, reviewing and understanding your business’s numbers iscritical to growing a successful, sustainable business.
Danielle Hayden with Kickstart Accounting and The Profit Planner shares her tips for making bookkeeping more manageable and enjoyable, even if you’re doing it yourself.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- The importance of understanding and reviewing your business’s numbers throughout the year (not just at tax time!)
- Why Danielle recommends creating a weekly financial dashboard for your business
- How you can make DIY bookkeeping work for you
- How building your business with the thought of selling it can help it run more smoothly
- Danielle’s formula to figure out if you can pay yourself more
- Small steps you can take now to start building up your cash reserves
BONUS: If you’re starting something new, or coronavirus has spotlighted areas of your business that have you worried, now is a great time to make sure your business is in good shape legally. Sign up below for our 10 step legal checklist to make sure your business has a strong legal foundation!
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.