When you’re just starting out, it’s easy to let legal fall to the bottom of the priority pile. It can be much more exciting to work on your branding or website, or work up some new product ideas. But if you skip a few basic protections now, it could lead to big problems later.
In this episode, I walk through the three actions I think every business owner should take before making their first $5k.
(And, even if you’ve already crossed the $5k mark, don’t skip this one - you might learn about an important legal protection you haven’t tackled yet!)
- How going to the worst case scenario can help your contracts provide the greatest protection in your business
- Negotiating contracts (hint: they’re not set in stone!)
- Why protecting yourself from chargebacks is one of the first things you’ll want to do in your business
- What documents you need to make sure your website has from day one
- Why you SHOULDN’T worry about registering a trademark before you reach $5k
- What you SHOULD do before you choose a business or product name to set yourself up for later success
BONUS: If you’re starting something new, or coronavirus has spotlighted areas of your business that have you worried, now is a great time to make sure your business is in good shape legally.Download our free legal checklist below to make sure your business has a strong legal foundation!
The AWB Firm Contract Template Store:www.awbfirm.com/contract-templates
Episode 71 of the Legal Road Map® podcast on trademark searches:www.awbfirm.com/podcast71
USPTO trademark search:http://tess2.uspto.gov
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.