Copywriting can be intimidating to a lot of online business owners. It seems like an elusive yet necessary skill to running your business successfully and increasing sales. Copywriting genius Ashlyn Carter joined us in this episode to give a behind-the-scenes peek at what starting and growing her agency/curriculum-based business looks like, including some pretty big legal lessons she’s learned along the way.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- How Ashlyn learned the importance of client contracts the hard way
- The value of forming and nurturing in-person relationships - even in an online business
- Why Ashlyn still tracks her time (even if she doesn’t bill hourly anymore)
- How batching your tasks and days can give a real boost to productivity
- How clarifying and naming your signature process can help you protectall of your IP more easily
- The benefit of working with an emotionallyuninvested third party (i.e., a trusted lawyer!), especially if you tend to be emotionally invested in your business
BONUS: If you’re starting something new, or this episode has spotlighted areas of your business that have you worried, now is a great time to make sure your business is in good shape legally. Download our free legal checklist below to make sure your business has a strong legal foundation!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
The ONE Thing by Gary Keller: https://www.the1thing.com/
Essentialism by Greg McKeown: https://gregmckeown.com/book/
Focus Keeper app: http://bit.ly/focuskeeper
Ashlyn’s website: www.ashlynwrites.com
Ashlyn’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ashlynscarter/
Ashlyn’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AshlynWrites/
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.