If you’re a service provider -- like a web designer or copywriter -- you might feel like you’re tethered to a single revenue stream: designing websites or writing copy. But the online world now offers more opportunity than ever to diversify your revenue streams.
A mix of affiliate marketing, memberships, and online education can all be perfect complements to your service-based business. And in this episode web designer Shannon Mattern shares how she’s incorporated many of these revenue streams into her own business.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- The importance of setting boundaries and expectations with your clients
- How preparing ahead of time for your boundaries to be pushed can help remove the emotion from dealing with it when it (inevitably!) happens
- How packaging your services can help you more easily identify AND PREVENT scope creep
- How combining affiliate marketing with 1:1 design services allowed Shannon to leave her day job faster than she could have with services alone
- How Shannon has made sure she uses the appropriate disclosures for her affiliate relationships to stay legal
- What Shannon wishes she would have done in her business 5 years ago
BONUS: If you’re starting something new, or this episode has spotlighted areas of your business that have you worried, now is a great time to make sure your business is in good shape legally.Download our free legal checklist to make sure your business has a strong legal foundation at www.awbfirm.com/podcast158!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Launch Party (AWB Firm website designer): https://www.launchparty.live/
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.