Planning for next year is in full swing. You may be planning new products or services, epic launches, new training series, and more. And you’re probably also working on your budget with line items all geared toward helping you facilitate those rollouts.
While most people forget to add legal into the budgeting equation at all, the good news is that you may need way less than you think, depending on your unique stage of business.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- What you might want to skip legally when you’re just getting started
- Why you should definitely update your contract every time you uplevel or change the way you work with clients
- How you can start protecting your trademarks and copyrights even before you register them
- What you should plan to protect with your first custom contract
- Which lower risk activities you can likely still use a contract template for, even if you’re in a more advanced stage of business
- The revenue threshold that marks when you should absolutely when you should absolutely sit down for a legal audit of your business with a lawyer
*Watch the video of this episode at the bottom of the page.
BONUS: If you’re starting something new, or this episode has spotlighted areas of your business that have you worried, now is a great time to make sure your business is in good shape legally.Download our free legal checklist below to make sure your business has a strong legal foundation!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Contract template store: https://awbfirm.com/contract-templates
Episode 120 of the Legal Road Map® podcast (Launch Phase): https://awbfirm.com/podcast120
Episode 121 of the Legal Road Map® podcast (Solopreneur Phase): https://awbfirm.com/podcast121
Episode 122 of the Legal Road Map® podcast (Success Phase): https://awbfirm.com/podcast122
Episode 123 of the Legal Road Map® podcast (Scale to CEO Phase): https://awbfirm.com/podcast123
Legal Road Map® Facebook group: https://facebook.com/groups/legalroadmap
Episode 91 of the Legal Road Map® podcast: https://awbfirm.com/podcast91
Episode 49 of the Legal Road Map® podcast: https://awbfirm.com/podcast49
Episode 37 of the Legal Road Map® podcast: https://awbfirm.com/podcast37
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.