Publishing a book is a tricky process to navigate. Traditional publishing and self-publishing both bring their own set of unique challenges. This week’s episode lays the foundation for understanding the process of publishing a book as well as some of the legal issues you’ll need to keep in mind.
Listen and learn:
- What the role of an agent is (and where their expertise ends)
- How a trusted lawyer can bring value whether an agent is involved or not
- The important questions to ask about royalties and advances
- Why a multiple book deal isn’t always best
- The benefits that both traditional publishing and self-publishing can offer
KEY TAKEAWAY: A book deal can be the gateway to growing your business and reaching your big goals (or it may be the goal itself!). Having a trusted legal advisor’s help along the way can ensure your book gets you where you want to go instead.
Sign up below to get a free 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit to learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (plus be the first to know when new episodes are live).
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.