Giving someone permission to use your process, teaching method, or body of work can feel overwhelming. This week’s episode covers many of the important things to consider when you’re developing a licensing agreement.
Listen and learn:
- A good litmus test for creating your licensing program rules and regulations
- The the three elements that every licensing agreement needs
- How advances and royalties work under a licensing agreement
- The pros and cons of having a territory clause
- The most important word to keep an eye out for in a licensing agreement
KEY TAKEAWAY: From payment arrangements to use of social media and termination clauses, there are a lot of things to make sure you get right in your licensing agreement. Working with a trusted legal advisor can make sure that your work or program is experienced the way you designed it to be, whether you’re the one sharing it or not.
Sign up below for a 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit to learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (plus be the first to know when new episodes are live).
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.