We’re talking all about hiring team members this week with our own Michelle Coakley! Join us as we discuss important employment law tips you need to know if you’re looking to add employees or contractors to your team.
Listen and learn:
- Why ‘control’ is the keyword to think about when determining whether to go, independent contractor or employee,
- The challenges of working with employees or independent contractors in different states or countries
- If and when contracts are necessary when you’re hiring an employee
- How helpful detailed job descriptions can be
- Which questions you should avoid asking on any job application you create
- Things to keep in mind when it comes to terminating an employee
KEY TAKEAWAY: Labor and employment issues can seem completely overwhelming to creative entrepreneurs who are looking to grow their team, and this type of issue can be extremely complicated. Working with an attorney is a cost-effective way to avoid expensive issues down the road.
Sign up below to get a free Employee vs. Independent Contractor Cheat Sheet.
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.