Learn all things copyright for your business in this joint podcast episode + training with lawyer Rachel Brenke.
Copyright law is designed to protect creative works, but in order to take advantage of those protections, you have to take certain steps first. In this episode I cover:
- The many benefits of registering your copyrights, especially in licensing
- The importance of spelling out who retains ownership of creative works in contracts with independent contractors
- Why it’s even more important to have a contract in place when working with friends and family
- Who has ownership of a podcast episode with a guest appearance
- When you can appropriately use the © or ® symbols
- What constitutes infringement
Key takeaway: Copyright law can be complicated, with a lot of potentially expensive implications for your business. Working with a trusted attorney upfront can save you time, effort and money when it comes to enforcing your copyrights.
Sign up below to get a free 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit. You’ll learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (you can also sign up there to be the first to know when new episodes are live and receive other legal updates and special offers from the AWB Firm).
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.