Working with a lawyer usually isn’t at the top of people’s priority list for their business. But now is a great time to start thinking ahead about the legal needs your business might have in the coming year.
You can start getting your business ready for 2019 now by:
- Performing a quick audit and updating your contracts if needed (including those on your website!)
- Taking inventory of the content you’ve created over the past year to see what you might need to protect with a trademark
- Adding a budget line item for legal
- Getting a lawyer’s eyes on your business to see any legal blindspots
- Considering if you’re ready to have a lawyer on your team long-term through an ongoing retainer arrangement
Key takeaway: Being proactive about legal in your business now can help set the firm foundations to prepare it to really take off in 2019.
5-Minute IP Audit worksheet: www.awbfirm.com/podcast
Legal Road Map® checklist: www.awbfirm.com/checklist
Legal Road Map® session: www.awbfirm.com/legal-road-map-session
Sign up below to get a free 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit. You’ll learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (you can also sign up there to be the first to know when new episodes are live and receive other legal updates and special offers from the AWB Firm).
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.