Registering a trademark seems like a business no-brainer, but there are some potentially negative consequences that are important to consider before you take the plunge. Join me in this week’s episode where I discuss the downsides to registering a trademark, and why I think you should do it anyway.
Listen and learn:
- Why raising your business’s profile through trademark registration isn’t always a good thing
- How a registered trademark helps prevent consumer confusion
- Why some trademarks can never be registered
- Why time really is of the essence in our U.S. trademark registration process
- How important it really is to work with a trusted legal advisor when registering your business’s trademark
KEY TAKEAWAY: Trademark registration is a complicated process that’s not for the faint of heart. But if it’s a brand that’s important to your business, it’s worth registering your trademark.
Sign up below to get a free 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit to learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (plus be the first to know when new episodes are live).
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.