You’ve probably heard you automatically have copyright protection under US law. But did you know you must register early in order to be able to fully enforce those protections?
Sounds tricky, right? It doesn’t have to be!
Listen to this week’s episode where I walk you through a copyright audit for your business:
In this week’s episode I walk you through planning for 2019 with a copyright audit for your business:
- The main difference between copyrights and trademarks and where they may overlap
- What can (and can’t) be protected by copyright in your business
- Who owns the copyrights if an employee or contractor creates photos, graphics, videos, copy, or other content for you
- How your contracts can protect your copyrights when you’re working with independent contractors
- The one thing you MUST do in order to take advantage of the rights afforded under copyright law
- The huge financial benefits to registering your copyrights with the U.S. Copyright Office early, before your work is copied
Key takeaway: The key with copyrights is to start thinking about them early on. The sooner you begin locking down your copyrights by registering them, the more your business will be able to shut down copycats.
5-Minute IP Audit worksheet: www.awbfirm.com/podcast
Contract template store: www.awbfirm.com/contract-templates