We talk a lot about trademarks on the podcast, but you may still be wondering why you would ever need to register a trademark in your business.
While it may seem like a hassle, registering a trademark is one of the most valuable protections you can put in place in your business.
In this episode I cover:
- The types of things that can be protected by a trademark
- How a trademark can set you up for success if you ever decide to expand into other states
- How a registered trademark can save you time and hassle if you ever have to file a lawsuit around your trademark
- The advantage to registering your trademark if you do business abroad
- How a trademark can help prevent counterfeiting
- The value a registered trademark can add to your business if you ever look to sell or take on investment
- How registering your trademark shows competitors you mean business
Key takeaway: If you’re committed to protecting your business for the long haul, a trademark registration should be on your list for 2019.
Legal Road Map® episode 5: www.awbfirm.com/podcast5
Legal Road Map® episode 6: www.awbfirm.com/podcast6
5-minute IP audit: www.awbfirm.com/podcast
Sign up below to get a free 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit worksheet. You’ll learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (you can also sign up there to be the first to know when new episodes are live and receive other legal updates and special offers from the AWB Firm).