Your business is established and thriving. Or maybe you haven’t even earned your first dollar yet. So, WHEN is the right time to register your trademark?
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The downsides to waiting to register a trademark
- Why you may want to register a trademark for your product before you start selling
- The ONE question to ask yourself to determine if you’re ready to register your trademark
- How often you should take inventory of your business’s IP to evaluate what trademarks you have, and whether it’s time to register
- Why failing to defend your trademark rights could result in your losing them
Key takeaway: Deciding on the right time to register your trademark depends on a lot of different factors in your business. But asking yourself the right questions will help you determine when you should register.
Visit www.awbfirm.com/podcast for a transcript and show notes, and sign up to get a free 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit worksheet. You’ll learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (you can also sign up there to be the first to know when new episodes are live and receive other legal updates and special offers from the AWB Firm).
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.