When should you run (not walk) to submit your trademark registration application? There are definitely times when waiting to register a trademark is a huge mistake.
In this week’s episode you’ll learn:
- How the level of investment behind your business or product can determine whether a registered trademark is a necessity
- How long it takes to receive a trademark registration certificate from the USPTO
- The advantages of “intent to use” applications in US trademark law
- When you can use the ® and TM symbols
- How a registered trademark can make your licensing or certification program more valuable to your licensees
- Why a registered trademark can make your business more attractive to potential buyers
- When a registered trademark in the US can help you obtain a foreign trademark if you plan to sell products or services internationally
Key takeaway: If your business is up-leveling in a major way, a trademark registration becomes a necessity, not a nice-to-have. Since the registration process is not quick, working with a trusted legal advisor who specializes in trademark law can help you plan ahead.
Visit https://awbfirm.com/vimeo-video/podcast75/ for part one of the video version of this podcast episode (and a link to part two).
While you’re here, sign up below for a free 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit worksheet. You’ll learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (you can also sign up there to be the first to know when new episodes are live and receive other legal updates and special offers from the AWB Firm).
This is the final episode of Season 3. Don’t worry, Season 4 will launch on April 1, 2019 with loads of valuable information for online course creators and new interviews with top online course business owners. In the meantime, we’ll be releasing interviews from the archives you may have missed the first time around. Stay tuned!
Legal Road Map® episode 68: www.awbfirm.com/podcast68
Legal Road Map ® episode 71: www.awbfirm.com/podcast71
Legal Road Map ® episode 31: www.awbfirm.com/podcast31
Legal Road Map ® episode 32: www.awbfirm.com/podcast32
Legal Road Map ® episode 33: www.awbfirm.com/podcast33
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.