Signature offers, growing a team, landing big clients, proprietary methods, taking care of legal, and more. This interview with Kathleen Shannon and Tara Street of Braid Creative will give you a behind-the-scenes peek into growing a successful graphic design and branding agency, and how a contract helped them feel confident enough to stick to their guns to work with Brené Brown.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- The benefit of having one signature offer for clients to access your creative services
- How creating solid contracts can help you be more clear and consistent about the deliverables you provide to your client
- The difference between men and women when it comes to negotiating contracts (!)
- How growing your team first can bring in bigger clients later
- The importance of having clearly defined roles for your team members
- Why no contract can replace trusting your gut and intuition (Kathleen’s Oprah clause!)
BONUS: If you’re starting something new, or this episode has spotlighted areas of your business that have you worried, now is a great time to make sure your business is in good shape legally. Download our free legal checklist below to make sure your graphic design or branding business has a strong legal foundation!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Braid Creative website:https://braidcreative.com/blog
The Chalkboard Method:https://braidcreative.com/worksheets/BraidCreative_ChalkboardMethod.pdf
Contract templates for your graphic design or branding business:
Project Proposal template:https://awbfirm.com/collections/all/products/client-proposal-template
Client Services contract template:https://awbfirm.com/collections/all/products/client-contract-template
Website Terms and Conditions template:https://awbfirm.com/collections/all/products/website-terms-conditions-of-use-with-disclosure-policy
Independent Contractor contract template:https://awbfirm.com/collections/all/products/independent-contractor-contract-template
Creative Service Provider contract template bundle:https://awbfirm.com/collections/all/products/creative-service-provider-bundle
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.