Providing employee benefits is a great way to retain talented employees for the long-haul, but as an employer what is your responsibility and what rules and regulations do you have to follow?
In this episode I cover:
- Vacation and PTO, and when rules and regulations kick in
- Which state you must consider when offering vacation and/or PTO
- Sick leave and family leave, and what jurisdiction’s rules and regulations might apply
- The level of responsibility required when setting up a retirement plan for your employees
- Important considerations for health, disability, and life insurance
Key takeaway: As a small business owner, there are many ways you can provide important employee benefits to make sure your employees are taken care of and protected in their personal lives, but you also need to make sure that you’re providing benefits in a way that protects you and your business, so be sure to consult with a qualified benefits provider.
Melissa Curtis - Woodall Agency Insurance- life, disability and long-term care insurance agent
Sign up below to get a free 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit. You’ll learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (you can also sign up there to be the first to know when new episodes are live and receive other legal updates and special offers from the AWB Firm).
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.