Having a virtual team is a great way to grow your business, but how do you make sure you are properly classifying your team members? In this episode, I’ll explain what you need to know about building and managing a virtual team.
In this episode I cover:
- How W-2 employee vs. 1099 independent contractor affects taxes and regulations
- The biggest factor that determines who is or isn’t an employee
- What you should be sure to include in your contracts
- Who owns the intellectual property created by an independent contractor
- The downside of including a non-compete clause in a contract
Key takeaway: It can be tricky to determine if one of your team members is an independent contractor or an employee. Make sure you consult with a trusted attorney when building your team to avoid issues down the road.
Episode 12: Hiring employees and contractors the right way (with FREE download)
Sign up below to get a free 5 Minute Intellectual Property Audit. You’ll learn how you can make more money from the copyrights and trademarks in your business (you can also sign up there to be the first to know when new episodes are live and receive other legal updates and special offers from the AWB Firm).
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.